Choose Lachman King PLC for Your Career
Lachman King PLC is West Michigan’s premier real estate law and litigation firm. We are a boutique practice with a client-centered approach and team-oriented culture. Our firm is relentlessly dedicated to cutting the path for the future of legal service
We Are Problem Solvers
We are problem-solvers. Clients do not call us looking for an answer to a law school essay question. They call us because they have a problem and need a solution. Our job is to help them hit their goal.
We Are Innovative
We are innovative. We don’t do cookie-cutter or use standard playbooks or one-size-fits-all strategies. That approach is true for how we work with clients and how we work internally. The moment we experience a process that drags energy or is filled with friction, we immediately identify it and retool. If we hit a wall, we build a ladder.
People First. Every Time.
Each member of our team is important, regardless of the letters after her or his name. Every client is important, regardless of the scope of their legal needs. We aim to be the premiere real estate law firm throughout West Michigan and the full span of the West Michigan lakeshore. We cannot do that without every member of our team and every client knowing that they are valued.
Open Positions (click to expand)
The title for the position is Associate Attorney. This position will report to specific attorneys and work alongside paralegals and office administration.
Ideal candidates should have at least 1 to 3 years of practice experience and must be licensed and in good standing to practice law in the state of Michigan. The ideal candidate will be skilled in:
- Verbal and written communication
- Drafting motions, briefs, and other pleadings
- Developing and maintaining positive client relationships
- Critical thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Discovery practice
- Formulating and implementing litigation strategy
- Judgment and decision making
- Oral advocacy
Additional preferred experience:
- Law Review
- Moot Court
- Judicial Clerkship
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, references, and representative writing samples to Amanda Blackburn at email@example.com
The title for the position is Litigation Paralegal. This position will report to specific attorneys and work alongside those attorneys and office administration.
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of relative legal assistant/paralegal experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask while juggling multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Job responsibilities include:
- Support all aspects of discovery, including e-discovery, document management, and document production
- Assist in preparing discovery requests, discovery responses, deposition preparation, and trial preparation
- Monitor case progress and deadlines
- Assist with witness interviews and fact investigation
Other qualifications and skills include:
- Experience in a professional setting
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills with the ability to effectively and positively communicate with clients and teammates
- Exhibit strong attention to detail
- Effectively and efficiently manage time and prioritize tasks
- Enjoys learning new technology, systems, and skills
- Contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Responsive and reliable
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint)
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent, required
- Paralegal Certificate or College Degree, preferred
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded by Sara Lachman, our firm is led by and includes highlight-regarded attorneys and staff members. Together, we establish the firm as a leader in our field. As a part of our team, you'll see how we aim to be the very best. Meet the entire team here >
Our firm has grown quickly. We're located in Waters Center, located at 161 Ottawa Ave NW in downtown Grand Rapids.
We assist clients with everything real estate law. This includes things like drawing up land contracts, supporting them with easements resourcefully, reviewing trusts and deeds, and more. Our goal is to help our clients settle their real estate transactions quickly and fairly.
We have exciting opportunities for the right people to join our growing team and make an immediate impact on the success of our firm. If you enjoy collaborating with good people and working in a positive solution-oriented environment, Lachman King PLC is the place for you.
As an equal opportunity employer, Lachman King is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. We do not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package and significant growth potential.